A final examples class and discussion period will be held from 3-5pm
on Tuesday 24 April 2018 in MR13.
A final, final revision class will be held from 4-5pm on Tuesday 29 May
2018 in MR4.
- Preliminary reading:
- Read Chapter 1 and Appendix A of Stochastic
Networks, the lecture notes for the course.
- Read Chapter 2 (omitting Section 2.6) and Appendix B.
- Read Chapter 3 (omitting the proofs in Section 3.5) and Appendix C.
- Read Chapter 4 (omitting Section 4.3).
- Read Chapter 5 (omitting Section 5.3).
- Read Chapter 7 (omitting Section 7.8, and detailed study of Section 7.7 not
- Read Chapter 8 (omitting the proof in Section 8.3 and Remark 8.3).
sheet 1; after you've tried them, see Elena's solutions.
sheet 2; after you've tried them, see Elena's solutions
sheet 3 and after you've tried them, see Elena's solutions.
Also the following exercises from Stochastic
Networks: 1.5, 2.6, 2.16, 3.2, 3.3, 4.5, 5.3, 7.1, 7.5, 8.9, 8.10.
- As revision, you should try further exercises from Stochastic
Networks for the Sections studied (omitting Ex 1.8, 2.11-13, 2.18-21,
3.10, 3.12, 4.6-9, 5.6-9, 5.11-14, 6.1-10, 7.14-23, 8.6-7).
Potential Ph.D. students looking for topics should study the pages of Neil
Walton and Damon
University of Cambridge