Richard J. Samworth
I hold the Professorship of Statistical Science and am Director of the Statistical Laboratory, a sub-department of the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics. This is part of the Faculty of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge. I am also a Teaching Fellow at St John's College, and run the Statistics Clinic for members of the university.
I currently hold a European Research Council Advanced Grant, which will run for five years from 1 October 2021.
Richard J. Samworth, Statistical Laboratory, Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge, CB3 0WB.
Tel: +44 1223 337950
- Shape-constrained estimation problems
- Data perturbation methods (e.g. subsampling, bootstrap sampling, random projections, knockoffs)
- Nonparametric classification, clustering and regression problems
- Unconditional and conditional independence testing
- Estimation of entropy and other functionals
- High-dimensional statistical inference, including problems in changepoint detection and estimation, missing data and variable selection
- Applications, including public health, genetics, archaeology and oceanography
- Research Section Committee of the Royal Statistical Society (January 2007-December 2010 and February 2012-December 2015; secretary January 2009-December 2010). This committee is responsible for administrating the RSS read papers at its Ordinary Meetings.
- Associate editor, Statistical Science (January 2017-December 2019 and June 2022-). Manuscripts are handled through EJMS
- Associate editor, Biometrika (August 2010-August 2014).