Probability Theory and Statistics
in High and Infinite Dimensions
Empirical Process Theory and Beyond
June 23-25, 2014, Center for Mathematical Sciences
Vladimir Koltchinskii (Georgia Tech),
Sara van de Geer (ETH Zürich),
Jon Wellner (Seattle),
Richard Nickl (Cambridge)
This conference takes place on the occasion of Evarist Giné’s 70th birthday. It will attempt to reflect recent developments in the many areas that Evarist has transformed and worked on in his distinguished career: from probability in Banach spaces, empirical, chaos- and U- process theory to mathematical and nonparametric statistics.
Information for participants can be found below.
Radek Adamczak (Warsaw)
Yannick Baraud (Nice)
Rudy Beran (UC Davis)
Lucien Birgé (Paris)
Ismaël Castillo (Paris)
Victor Chernozhukov (M.I.T.)
Richard Dudley (M.I.T.)
Lutz Dümbgen (Bern)
Uwe Einmahl (Brussels)
Friedrich Götze (Bielefeld)
Adityanand Guntuboyina (Berkeley)
Ramon van Handel (Princeton)
Gerard Kerkyacharian (Paris)
Rafal Latala (Warsaw)
Michel Ledoux (Toulouse)
Gabor Lugosi (Barcelona)
Michael Marcus (CUNY)
David Mason (Delaware)
Pascal Massart (Paris)
Shahar Mendelson (ANU and Technion)
Krzysztof Oleszkiewicz (Warsaw)
Natesh Pillai (Harvard)
Sasha Rakhlin (UPenn)
Markus Reiß (Berlin)
Patricia Reynaud-Bouret (Nice)
Sasha Tsybakov (Paris)
Aad van der Vaart (Leiden)
Marten Wegkamp (Cornell)
Cun-Hui Zhang (Rutgers),
Information for Participants:
1) PARTICIPATION: Admission to the conference is free but numbers are limited due to space constraints. If you want to participate please register your interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 1, 2014.
2) ACCOMMODATION: Confirmed participants can take advantage of reduced rates for accommodation at the Arundel House Hotel in central Cambridge (e.g., 85£ per night for a single room, 130£ for a double room). A booking discount code is available as soon as participation is confirmed. Cheaper college accommodation is also available upon request.
3) FUNDING SUPPORT will be available for participants from the United States of America. Please register your interest in funding as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com. We will be able to make support decisions early 2014.
4) A CONFERENCE DINNER will be held on June 24th in Hall at St. John's College Cambridge.
– For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. --