Probability, an Introduction
by Geoffrey Grimmett and Dominic Welsh
First published in 1986 by
Oxford University Press.
Second edition appeared in Autumn 2014.
- General reorganization, expansion, and reformatting
- Inclusion of
new material to cover first and second year syllabuses
at major universities
- Extended new chapter on Markov Chains.
Corrigenda to first printing (with thanks to correspondents)
- several imperfections
- page 229: error in proof of Theorem 12.75(a), see
- page 255: Solution 1.46(b): n should be m
- page 256: Solution 5.54(b): e should be x
Remarks on second printing
- For comments on the analysis of (12.68) and the proof of
Theorem 12.75(a), see the notes.