New Food in Slash'EM
The new types of food in Slash'EM are asian pears, mushrooms,
sandwiches, tortillas, cheeses, pills and holy wafers. Mushrooms,
pills and holy wafers all have special effects when eaten.
These are the possible effects of eating a mushroom:
- A 2/10 chance of it being poisonous. If you're not poison
resistant you'll lose 1-4 points of strength and 1-15 HP.
- A 1/10 chance of ``That mushroom tasted a little funny'' and being
stunned for 30 (more) turns.
- A 1/10 chance of ``Whoa! Everything looks groovy!'' and
hallucinating for 150 (more) turns.
- A 1/10 chance of gaining 1 point of strength.
- A 5/10 chance of nothing special happening.
Eating a pill has seven equally probable effects:
- It's a wishing pill! You get to make a wish.
- It's poisonous, and unless you're poison resistant you lose 1-4
points of strength and 1-15 HP.
- You are stunned for 30 (more) turns.
- You will hallucinate for 150 (more) turns.
- It's vitamins, and you gain 600 points of nutrition.
- It's a sleeping pill, and unless you're sleep resistant you fall
asleep for up to 49 turns.
- You become very fast (like a potion of speed or speed boots) for
Holy wafers will cure sickness and lycanthropy. (Note that if you are
a member of the Lycanthrope race, attempting to cure your lycanthropy
will not work. You will ``feel very bad!'', lose 3-5
both strength and constitution, and have your HP reduced to a random
number between 1 and 5 if they were greater than 10 and otherwise to
1.) If you are Lawful, eating a holy wafer will also cause you to gain
20-39 HP. If you are Chaotic, you will lose 10-19 HP, but it will not
Two other edible items you may encounter are the Eye of the Beholder
and the Hand of Vecna. Eating them is really not a sensible thing to
do, and if you do it anyway, you will lose 150-199 HP.