I am a postdoc in mathematics at University of Cambridge, supported by both a Herchel Smith fellowship and a junior research fellowship at Trinity college.
Starting in July 2019, I will be supported by a Clay research fellowship.
I got my Ph.D from MIT in 2018, advised by Scott Sheffield. Previously, I was an undergraduate student at Northwestern University. During the summer of 2015, I was an intern in the Microsoft Research theory group in Redmond, WA.
I am interested in probability theory, particularly random curves and surfaces which arise in statistical mechanics. Topics I have worked on include Schramm-Loewner evolution, Liouville quantum gravity, random planar maps, first passage percolation, and Brownian surfaces.
Here is a non-technical summary of my research aimed at an audience with some scientific background, not necessarily in math.
Email: eg558 at cam.ac.uk
Here is a link to my CV: CV
The Liouville quantum gravity metric
Liouville quantum gravity with central charge greater than 1
Distances in random planar maps and Liouville quantum gravity
Random walk/conformal embeddings of random planar maps
Percolation on random planar maps
- Joint scaling limit of site percolation on random triangulations in the metric and peanosphere sense (with N. Holden and X. Sun). arXiv:1905.06757
- Convergence of percolation on uniform quadrangulations with boundary to SLE6 on √ 8/3 -Liouville quantum gravity (with J. Miller). arxiv:1701.05175
- Characterizations of SLEκ for κ ∈ (4,8) on Liouville quantum gravity (with J. Miller). arxiv:1701.05174
- Convergence of the free Boltzmann quadrangulation with simple boundary to the Brownian disk (with J. Miller). Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincarè, to appear. arxiv:1701.05173
- Chordal SLE6 explorations of a quantum disk (with J. Miller). Electronic Journal of Probability. arxiv:1701.05172
Self-avoiding walk on random planar maps
- Convergence of the self-avoiding walk on random quadrangulations to SLE8/3 on √ 8/3 -Liouville quantum gravity (with J. Miller). arxiv:1608.00956
- Metric gluing of Brownian and √ 8/3 -Liouville quantum gravity surfaces (with J. Miller). Annals of Probability, to appear. arxiv:1608.00955
- Scaling limit of the uniform infinite half-plane quadrangulation in the Gromov-Hausdorff-Prokhorov-uniform topology (with J. Miller). Electronic Journal of Probability. arxiv:1608.00954 (journal)
Fractal properties of SLE/LQG
Peanosphere convergence/mating-of-trees bijections
- Active spanning trees with bending energy on planar maps and SLE-decorated Liouville quantum gravity for κ > 8 (with
J. Miller, and
D. Wilson). Communications in Mathematical Physics. arxiv:1603.09722 (journal)
- Joint scaling limit of a bipolar-oriented triangulation and its dual in the peanosphere sense (with N. Holden and X. Sun). arxiv:1603.01194
- Scaling limits for the critical Fortuin-Kasteleyn model on a random planar map III: finite volume case (with X. Sun). arxiv:1510.06346
- Scaling limits for the critical Fortuin-Kasteleyn model on a random planar map II: local estimates and empty reduced word exponent (with X. Sun). Electronic Journal of Probability. arxiv:1505.03375 (journal)
- Scaling limits for the critical Fortuin-Kasteleyn model on a random planar map I: cone times (with C. Mao and X. Sun). Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincarè. arxiv:1502.00546
First passage percolation
- On Beckner's Inequality for Gaussian Measures (with E. Hsu). Elemente der Mathematik. (journal)
- Functional Inequalities for Gaussian and Log-Concave Probability Measures. Undergraduate Thesis. Northwestern University Undergraduate Research Journal. Adviser: Elton Hsu. (journal)
- On a Quaternionic Analogue of the Cross Ratio (with M. Libine) Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras. arxiv:1112.0612
- The Poisson Integral Formula and Representations of SU(1,1). Rose-Hulman Undergraduate Math Journal. (journal)