Dr Davide Pigoli
In Michaelmas term 2016 and Lent term 2017 I am teaching the Part III Applied Statistics course.
- Dobson, A.J. and Barnett A. (2008) An Introduction to Generalized Linear Models. Third edition. Chapman and Hall/CRC.
- Faraway, J.J. (2005) Extending the linear model with R: generalized, mixed effect and nonparametric regression model. CRC Press.
- Efron, B. and Tibshirani, R. J. (1994) An introduction to the bootstrap. CRC press.
- Wood, S. (2006) Generalized additive models: an introduction with R. CRC press.
- Gaetan, C. and Guyon, X. (2010). Spatial statistics and modeling. New York: Springer.
- Shumway, R. H., and Stoffer, D. S. (2010) Time series analysis and its applications: with R examples. Springer Science and Business Media.
The fourth example class and the revision class will be on May, 18th between 2pm and 4pm in MR5 (AL.02).
Example sheets: example sheet 1, example sheet 2, example sheet 3, example sheet 4 .
Data for the first practical: girls birthweight data, tumour growth data, full birthweight data. Data for the second practical: Seeds data, insurance data, surgery data, Data for the third practical: manufacturing data.
Data for the fourth practical: epidemiology data, data for the fifth practical: signature acceleration data, data for the sixth practical: ozone data, crimes data, data for the seventh practical: Biodiversity data, school data, data for the eighth practical: production data, epilepsy data, growth data, data for the nineth practical: longitudinal data, waiting times, sales data, data for the tenth practical: call center data, arma time series , orders data, data for the twelth practical: fluoride data, radioactivity data .
Texts of the practicals: Practical 1, practical 2, practical 3, practical 4, practical 5, practical 6, practical 7, practical 8, practical 9, practical 10, practical 11, practical 12.
Solutions of the practicals: Practical 1 , practical 2 , practical 3 , practical 4, practical 5, practical 6, practical 7, practical 8, practical 9, practical 10, practical 11, practical 12.
Generalized linear model, overdispersion and zero-inflated models, non parametric regression,
additive models, mixed effects models, time series, geostatistics.