************ I'll be available for questions: 10-11am on Friday 13 May 2016 in MR12.
Fourth examples class: 2-3pm on Monday 18 Jan 2016 in MR13.
- Preliminary reading:
- Read Chapter 1 and Appendix A of Stochastic
Networks, the lecture notes for the course.
- Read Chapter 2 and Appendix B. See Poisson
Processes for more on this.
- Read Chapter 3 and Appendix C.
- Read Chapter 4 (omitting Section 4.3), Chapter 5 and Chapter 6
(detailed study of Section 6.3 not required).
- Read Chapter 7 (omitting Section 7.8, and detailed study of Section
7.7 not required) and Chapter 8 (omitting
Remark 8.4 and Exercise 8.7).
possible essay topic.
Walton is on the look out for talented PhD students.
University of Cambridge